Education and Learning Development
Education is deemed the most effective way of reducing poverty and inequality. In contexts of emergencies and crisis areas, education provides an avenue to move beyond the crisis and builds the foundations for sustainable peace and individual resilience. The 1st NAEF’s goal is to support increased equitable access to education in a holistic manner, using a 360 degree approach to creating opportunity and enabling continuing education for youth and adults to address areas of:
• Equitable access to education for vulnerable populations, displaced persons, minorities and war-affected youth.
• Provide safe learning environments for students and teachers.
• Establish/Support/Rebuild education systems, including local teaching capacity while concurrently increasing the effectiveness of educational coordination, integration, and program content.
• Prevent, counter, and mitigate conflict and crisis though implementing population sensitive learning and community knowledge building engagement programs while advocating international best practices and data.
Our programs are designed to work closely with regional education partners to enhance the effectiveness of programs already in place and to foster enhancement of access to education for all. This includes:
• Early and continuing education (K-12)
• Promotion of facilities for girls in schools in countries lacking equality of representation.
• Promotion of facilities for boys in schools in areas where young boys are underrepresented.
• Advocacy and training on family planning best practices.
• Adult basic education.
• Vocational Skills.
• Online and Innovative Learning.
• Entrepreneurial Development.
• Professional Coaching and Mentoring.